Links and Information We Find Helpful
There is nothing easy about raising quality Grass-fed beef, or adding life back into the soil, or learning intensified management grazing (IMG), or eco-farming. We don't believe a 'cookie cutter recipe exists for creating a sustainable environment or growing out clean, healthy animals for your table.
So we read and study a lot, experiment a lot, evaluate, evaluate, evaluate - and talk to like minded souls, go to seminars we think might be 'progressive'. Here are some websites we feel are most helpful. Hope they can help you.
- Jo Robinson's www.eatwild.com
- An on-going discussion of the health benefits and scientific research of grass-fed beef.
- Allen Nation's www.stockmangrassfarmer.com
- A must-read to learn about IMG (intensified management grazing); schedule of their top-notch conferences.
- Charles Walter's Acres USA www.acresusa.com
- The publication most often read by organic and eco-farming. Outstanding articles and reference books.
- Dr. Elaine Ingham's Soil Food Web www.soilfoodweb.com
- This is the place to learn about soil biology - what you have, what you need, how to get what you need! Facinating work! Keeps the 'snake-oil' salesmen out of your life.
- Chandler's Texas Plant and Soil Lab www.txplant-soillab.com
- A great place to get help with fertility when transitioning from inorganic to organic fertilizer. Ask for Mr. Chandler's organic intrepretation report. You will be amazed at how a good blend helps.
- The Nobel Foundation
- This Oklahoma research station has all kinds of practical suggestions on IMG, infrastructure, and grass varieties.
- These are the people who know more about types of soil, cultural practices, agriculture programs in your area.
If you are looking for some like minded folks to help you on your place, have a look at people we consider on 'our team."